Kills Nail Fungus Infection Forever!
If you are suffering from a Toe fungus infection you may feel embarrassed but it is a common problem. Many people who suffer from the infection often find the appearance of their nails change often changing in color, becoming yellow and starting to flake. In such circumstances people will stop wearing various types of footwear that may show off the fungal infection such as open toe shoes and sandals. In some cases after a severe infection and poor treatment the toenail infection can cause intense pain and suffering.
There are literally hundreds of prescription medicines that can be used to treat the infection in effective ways. Although most prescription medications are generally effective at treating the infection, their effectiveness will come at a price. Prescription medicines often attract a high price tag and will need to be used for a long period to be effective. They also have associated side effects that many people are vary off, often leading to them not seeking treatment options but instead bearing with the pain and embarrassment.
Common Toe Fungus Home Remedies
A Toe Fungus Home remedy should be used only to treat either mild to moderate cases of toenail fungus infections. If you have a severe infection then you will need to consult a doctor, as prescription medicines may be needed.
Kills Nail Fungus Infection Forever!
Before starting any treatment including home remedies you will need to prepare your nails before applying any treatment. Firstly clip any affected toenails as short as possible. If necessary use a nail file to file them down to reduce their thickness (due to infection the nail can thicken). This preparation work will allow the home remedy to be as effective as possible, so that it reaches the site of the toe fungus infection as the fungal infection is hidden beneath the nails surface.
Many people are often quite sceptic about home remedies but they are inexpensive and have a few possible side effects.
- Vinegar – Although there may be no specific scientific evidence that vinegar treats toe fungus some studies have shown that vinegar can reduce the growth of certain bacteria. Directions – Start by soaking your feet in a mixture of 1 part vinegar to 2 parts warm water, keep your feet in the mixture for between 15 to 20 minutes. Ensure you rinse your feet thoroughly and dry them once you are done. Repeat this treatment daily but if your skin becomes irritated then repeat only 2 to 3 times a week.
- Vicks VapoRub – The effectiveness of the VapoRub on nail fungus is related to more anecdotal evidence. Many people swear by this inexpensive treatment. Directions – Rub the VapoRub over your infected nails both morning and evening. . Ensure you rinse your feet thoroughly and dry them once you are done. Use the product daily unless your skin becomes irritated.
- Tea tree oil – this oil has in built antiseptic properties that can be used to fight fungal nail infections. Directions – If you have toe fungus try to dab a small amount of the oil directly onto the infected areas on your nails several times a day. Apply a mix made up of 3 parts tea tree oil to 1 part aloe vera gel, rub the mixture into the infected areas twice daily. Tea tree oil can take between 6 to 8 weeks to cure fungal nail infections
- Baking soda – It can assist in neutralizing the stinging and burning associated with Toe fungus infections. Although not directly treating the infection the neutralization of the symptoms enables effective treatment by reducing the need to continue scratching the area. Directions – Put 1 tablespoon of baking soda into a small dish, then add water until it becomes a make a thick paste. Rub the paste onto the infected areas, let it dry which can take between 5 to 10 minutes. Thoroughly rinse the paste off and the dry your feet with a clean. Repeat the paste treatment 2 to 3 times daily until the fungal infection disappears.
- Plain Unsweetened Yogurt – The acidophilus bacteria in the yogurt can stops the spread of the toe fungus and will kill the existing fungus in the nail that’s causing the infection. Directions – Apply the yogurt with cotton swabs onto the infected areas of your feet. Allow the yogurt dry completely. Once the yogurt has dried use warn water to rinse your feet clean, make sure you completely dry your feet. Repeat the treatment up to 3 times a day, if desired.