Women are considered to be more susceptible to yeast infections, which is a form of fungal infection. Candida albicans is the type of fungus that causes this hence came known to be as Candida infection. Even though there are a various medical remedies that one can find in pharmacies and drugstores for its treatment, experts suggest that natural yeast infection treatment would be the best remedy so far. It is very seldom that this kind of infection can have serious effects; however it can actually turn out to be very uncomfortable. While it is true that most of the over the counter yeast infection treatments may provide relief, the results may not actually prove to give a long term beneficial effect for the patient. For women, having yeast infection can be a very embarrassing situation and thus can sometimes cause them not to consult a physician for treatment. In this regard, they can resort instead to doing home treatment and relieve themselves of this infection on their own. But it is very important to know first the most common symptoms to know if you really have vaginal yeast infection.
Vaginal Yeast Infection
Most Common Symptoms of Yeast Infection
Vaginal Yeast Infection
Vaginal yeast infection afflicts actually afflicts 75% of women at least once in their entire lifetime. This problem is just a minor concern in such a way that it can be treated away after a couple of days. But for some unfortunate women, this kind of infection can really last for years. These are the women who have not sought any form of treatment at all, neither that they have resorted to a home remedy in an effort to finally exterminate their fungal infection.
These are the most common symptoms of fungal infection:
- A strangely thick and odorless white vaginal discharge comes out of you
- Muscle pains during sexual intercourse
- Extreme itchiness
- Burning sensation is felt in the vaginal and the surrounding skin
- Swelling of your vulva is observed
- You feel burning sensation whenever you urinate
If you see that you are experiencing these symptoms, your best course of action would be to seek medical help by consulting a trusted gynecologist for your check up. There is a possibility that it could also be a serious case of vaginal inflammation like bacterial vaginosis or trichomonas.
What Could Be the Possible Causes for It?
Under normal circumstances, this fungus is present in the vaginal area and surrounding vaginal skin of the healthiest of women. What keep the presence of this fungus in a tolerable amount is the acidic levels of the vagina. Only when the acidic levels go down that this fungus can multiply to an alarming level and thus cause the dreaded vaginal infection. Acid levels in a woman’s vagina can happen due to several factors such as steroids, diabetes, some types of antibiotics taken and menstruation to name a few. In addition, poor or having no sense of good personal hygiene can contribute to acquiring this kind of vaginal infection, too.
Natural Remedies You Can Try
These are natural remedies that you can try at home. Most of these can be found right in your very own kitchen.
- Tea Tree Oil – Known for its antifungal properties, undiluted tea tree oil it can be put on a lubricated tampon and insert into vagina, letting it stay for at least half an hour. Doing this twice a day for several days will eliminate this fungal infection.
- Vinegar – Not just for cooking, it is credited to have antifungal and antibacterial properties. Best one you can try is an apple cider vinegar. Mix about one cup of this vinegar to your bathtub filled with warm water and soak in it for half an hour. Do this for 5 days and you get good results. •Garlic – If you have a way to make a paste out of the garlic pods, it would be your best bet to relieve yourself of yeast infection. This paste made from garlic pods can be applied, as if it’s a topical lotion, on the infected areas around the vagina. Be warned though that this can bring about a burning sensation but it is tolerable. Prevention is the Best Cure
Why would you let yourself get any chance of having yeast infections if you can actually keep it at bay? Keeping these simple pointers in mind will help you in combating this dreaded form of vaginal yeast infection:
- Avoid wearing synthetic material jeans
- Don’t use pantyhose and leotards on a regular basis
- Veer away from using panties and jeans that fit so tightly on you
- Much as you can just use natural fibers on your clothing
- Use cotton-made fabric panties and see to it that they are well-fitted
- If you are soaking wet for whatever reason, see to it that you change your clothes to dry ones immediately.
- Wipe yourself from front to back and not vice versa after using the toilet
Vaginal yeast infection treatment can be done at home using some kitchen items we so often neglect but can prove themselves to work wonders at times. If you are having hesitations in seeking medical help, you can resort to the given home remedies above since they are safe and proven to be effective.